• Fill out the contact request and we will set up a time to talk about the project.
• If you elect to commission the piece, I will request a photo(s) and a deposit of 50% of the total price of the piece. The 50% deposit ensures the booking on my schedule. Deposits can be made via cash or check or wire transfer/ACH. I work to make the commitments of my clients, so I cannot complete the commission booking until the deposit, photo(s) and interview are complete.
• Please review the terms and conditions here.
• The photo(s) should be your favorite photo that captures your pet's personality. You can send multiple photos, if that will give me greater insight into the pet's personality, however do indicate which photo you would like drawn.
• Please send the largest size available.
• Here are some tips:
Use a digital camera vs. a mobile phone. The quality is much clearer, and I can see much more detail. If you like a particular photo, but it is not clear, do send it on with other photos which I can use for the detail.
Take the photo outside or by a window as natural light is best. The best is not in a sunny location-- too many shadows and harsh light. Consider a cloudy day or at sunset.
Take the photo at eye level and up close, so that the pet fills the entire frame of the photo.
The eyes are very important to the finished piece, so try and get a photo without a lot of reflections or "red eye".
When you email your photo to me, please make sure you email them at their original size.
If you are undecided as to which photo is best, send them all on and we can discuss them to ensure the finished piece is perfect!
While we are working on your booking, I will provide you with an anticipated start and completion date. Please, if you have a specific deadline, provide that to me in writing prior to the completion of the booking.
I'll keep in touch with you during the production, as I may have questions or want to get your input.
I also update my blog, here on my site, so you will be able to see the work-in-progress. If you wish that I not post updates/photos, please let me know at booking.
Once the piece is complete, I will send you a clear, scanned image for your final approval.
With the final approval, the final payment (including shipping) will be due. Once the final payment is received, the artwork will be shipped.
Portraits are shipped in a heavy cardboard tube, via USPS.
A shipping fee of $25.00 per portrait is charged for all portraits within the United States. Portraits can be sent outside the US, please indicate where the portrait will be shipped and I will provide the shipping cost.
Prints and copies of portraits are available, please let me know at the time of final approval.
Here is an example of ideal photo submissions.
Copyright © Margo Koehler 2016